RE: SV: Minutes in brief and action items

> In general, it looks as if we need to differentiate the site for
> developing/issue tracking, from the site where resources will finally
> reside, which is (primarily) www.w3.org/DOM/Test. Mirrors can be put
> anywhere, which is good since we enhance visibility.
>
> Curt, if you think I can contribute, could you add me to the
> admin list?
> Thanks.

I was not able to find a SourceForge user id for you or I would have.

To register as a SourceForge user, http://sourceforge.net/account/register.php
Let me know your user ID and I'll add you as an admin to the bug tracking system.

>If you wish to use another license that is not currently approved by the Open Source
>Initiative, let us know and we will review these requests on a case-by-case basis.

The W3C License is not listed as a standard SourceForge supported license.
But SourceForge can accept other licenses and apparently has for HTML Tidy
(HTML Tidy is listed as an Other/Proprietary license) but there aren't
any links that clearly describe how it is licensed.

SourceForge's artifact tracker (the bugs tracker is a artifact tracker for
a specific type of artifact) could be used in the test submission process.
The test tracker could allow the public to submit a test and it could be
configured to mail www-dom-ts@w3.org (or another mailing list)
with a notification that a test has been submitted.

Here is an example:

Bugs item #429422, was updated on 2001-06-01 12:30
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=108114&aid=429422&group_id=8114

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
This is a test of bug tracking.

If you visit that page, you are allowed to make comments on the test
which could serve as a threaded discussion on the specific test.

I might try to mock up a new "tracker" for test submissions on
xmlconf as a prototype for www-dom-ts.sourceforge.net or whatever
a possible SourceForge project for the DOM test suite definition
is called.

Creating a SourceForge project with the W3C license would solve a lot
of our infrastructure issues.