RE: Innovative use of DIAL for IT management

Hi Christian,

I can help with the last two questions:

- Is a document DIAL compliant if it is XML compliant?
No, it's the other way around - a document is XML compliant if it is
DIAL compliant (or in the XML terminology, 'valid DIAL is well-formed
XML'). Note that DIAL is one of many dialects of XML. It specifies a set
of XML elements and attributes, and their structure and types, in the
DIAL specification.

- it is required to have a Java program for each proprietary format of
each device
You would need a way of parsing each data format, each of which would
need to be represented in Java (either as a condition, method, class or
package)

For the other questions it's best to ask Mr Morris at
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-dial/
<http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-dial/>

Hope that helps,
Kevin