From: Kai Hendry [mailto:hendry@cs.helsinki.fi]
Sent: 08 July 2004 15:47
To: www-di@w3.org
Subject: Adaption

After peeking at Authoring Techniques for Device Independence[1], can I
safely say the policy of this WG is to adapt content (ignoring style)
for the device via an intermediate proxy?

As demonstrated in the figure:
http://www.w3.org/TR/di-atdi/intermediate-adapt.png

Or was that "just a technique" proposed?
Like summarisation is just another technique?

If this document proposes a bunch of techniques, as a web developer am I
free to choose any of these? Or is there another guide telling me which
solution I should aim for?

I discovered my series 40 Nokia UA (which is shipping a fair few every
second) does not seem to implement a compliant XML parser, i.e. it
handles everything like tag soup. Who should be worried here? ;)

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/di-atdi/