Re: Questions about the :focus-visible heuristics

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 2:38 PM Emilio Cobos Álvarez <emilio@crisal.io> wrote:
> On 2/18/21 22:42, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> > All of them instead seem
> > to treat "focused by script" the same as "focused by a click",
> > regardless of what was previously focused.
>
> That doesn't seem true? This shows an outline in Firefox (85 and
> Nightly) and Chrome (Dev edition), afaict:
>
> <!doctype html>
>    Should see an outline.
> <script>
>    onload = () => document.querySelector("div").focus();
> </script>
>
> What am I missing?

Well, Chrome draws a focus ring on that element on click too, so it's
still consistent. I guess Firefox does treat them differently, but at
least with regards to the "pay attention to what was previously
focused" text, both seem to ignore what was previously focused.

~TJ