Fwd: UAX#50 conformance: Is it possible to update existing fonts without causing damage to existing non-CSS applications?

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Date: 2019年12月8日(日) 22:26
Subject: Re: UAX#50 conformance: Is it possible to update existing fonts
without causing damage to existing non-CSS applications?
To: Taro Yamamoto <tyamamot@adobe.com>, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>,
Nat McCully <nmccully@adobe.com>, fantasai <fantasai@inkedblade.net>
Cc: MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>

Dear colleagues,

Yamamoto-san, Nat, and I got together.  First, we
agreed that we have to do more homework, although
we doubt that existing fonts can be revised in a way
compatible with UAX#50 and CSS WM.  Second,
discussions will continue in both the upcoming JWG
of SC34 and SC29 as well as 文字情報推進協議会
(Japanese Character Information Technology
Promotion Council).

Regards,
Makoto

--