Re: What Happened to the Semantic Web?

I don't see how your N3QL example would parse as any RDF syntax? Which one
is it?

Nobody is writing SPIN by hand, just like nobody is writing their own
SPARQL parsers. There are a few well-established frameworks like Jena,
RDF4J, Ruby RDF etc. that provide them, and everyone else is using them.
There is SPIN API if you want to convert to/from SPIN syntax.

So basically I see your points as non-issues. You might complain that your
favorite syntax did not become a standard, but the fact is that we do have
a standard RDF query language that does its job, and it's SPARQL. Compared
to SQL for example, the SPARQL specification is really concise.

I would say SPARQL is accepted in the industry now, and people have moved
on to build layers above it.