Re: Acid3 and :first-child

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 10:08 AM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 18:11:02 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
>
>> We've stopped updating the acid tests. See the notice on the front of
>> acidtests.org.
>

> So if browsers are still running Acid tests, and there is interest to
> continue to do so and maintain them, I suggest we move the Acid tests to
> web-platform-tests. Thoughts?

I'm unconvinced the lengthy notice on the front page is going to be
noticed by anyone, and I expect many who run it still will either have
the test URL saved or will just click straight through to it without
reading anything there.

But yes, given browsers are still running them we should add them
web-platform-tests (Acid 1 is already there, as it was part of the CSS
1 testsuite, at css/CSS2/css1/c5526c-display-000.xht). I'd be in
favour of adding Acid2/3 to web-platform-tests in acid/, and
preferably adding redirects from acidtests.org to the maintained
copies on w3c-test.org.

/g