From: Anne van Kesteren [mailto:annevk@annevk.nl]
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 7:24 AM
To: Frank Olivier <Frank.Olivier@microsoft.com>; Justin Novosad <junov@google.com>; Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>; Olli Pettay <smaug@mozilla.com>; www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
Subject: <canvas> hit region API

Hey,

This is a heads up that we're strongly considering changing the <canvas> hit regions API in https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/1030.

In particular, nobody could articulate why the API was ID-based rather than element-based, why it had to be 2d-context specific, and why the region ID had to be exposed on event classes.

Please let us know as soon as possible if you have concerns with this change.

Kind regards,

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/