Re: URL Spec rewrite (bug 25946) and galimatias test results

On 10/29/14 3:40 PM, Santiago M. Mola wrote:

> My rationale is that:
>
> a) Uppercase percent-encoding is already the standard form (i.e. as
> defined by the percent-encoding process).
> b) Both forms are equivalent.
> c) Normalizing it at parsing time is cheap.
>
> Probably the main point against including this in the standard is that
> browsers don't do it.
>
> If this doesn't make it into the standard, I'll have to make my mind:
> make it optional (.convertPercentEncodingToUppercase) or the default
> (providing an option .pedanticCompliance) ;-)

Agreed.

The spec says: uppercase:

https://url.spec.whatwg.org/#percent-encode

The expected test results and pretty much all user agents (other than
galimatias) lower case:

http://intertwingly.net/projects/pegurl/urltest-results/80d72b7e67

I think the spec should change here.

- Sam Ruby