Re: apparent acc bug in firefox

Hi Steve,

that is exactly what Firefox does, and purposely so. There have been so
many web sites out in the wild which had buttons and other stuff react
to mousedown or mouseup only that we were requested to expose mousedown
and mouseup as click actions in addition to onclick, since it was
assumed that these were items whose programmers only allowed mouse
clicks, but no keyboard input. You know, clickable divs and spans.

I believe even Gmail had this for a long long time, and they were one of
the reasons we did it this way, to give an indication that these items
can be interacted with via the mouse.

So: It's not a bug, it's a feature! And the reason is the world wild west.

And why exactly did they register a mousedown event on a non-interactive
element?

Marco