Re: Current process encourages monkey patching

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 19:36:04 +0000
To: Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org>
Cc: www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 6:40 PM, Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the pointer.  I want to make sure I understand the issue in more
> detail.
>
> Custom Elements is in LC.  Resource Timing and Content Security Policy are
> in CR.  When were the monkey patches made?  For example, was the patch for
> Custom Elements done before entering LC (in which case I would have expected
> WG awareness), or was it somehow done surreptitiously while in LC?

I haven't looked at timing. But I think you can assume it's been there
from the start. I don't think you can expect maintainers of the base
specifications to review these drafts without them explicitly asking
for hooks. I try nonetheless to do that and as a result there's my
blog post and reviews of drafts across many groups, but it's not
really something that works long term.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/