Re: CfC: to publish Encrypted Media Extensions specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> Hi Glenn,
>
> I understand that this topic has raised passions on all sides. However,
> our discussion guidelines say, among other things:
> * Tone of messages must be maintained at the highest level of
> professionalism; flaming, sarcasm, or personal attacks will not be
> tolerated.
> * Don't attack a person. Disagree with an idea.
> * Respect the right of others to disagree.
> * Be polite and show respect. If you have nothing new, positive,
> informative or helpful to say, refrain from sharing it.
> <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/DiscussionGuidelines>
>
> You usually do a good job engaging politely, so I hope it is clear to you
> after thinking about it that this email is over the line.
>
> In particular, if Rob's signature block seems out of place to you, then
> you can ask him privately, or if that fails, ask the Chairs privately to
> deal with it. Attacking his personal beliefs on the list is not the right
> way to do it and does not maintain the right tone.
>
> Please try harder to ensure that your future communication on this thread
> is up to  our expected standards of professionalism and courtesy.
>
> Thanks,
> Maciej (HTML WG Co-Chair)

Thank you for the input. Yes, I was rather undiplomatic in expressing my
consternation. Please consider adding guidelines that discourage religious,
political, or other off topic content in WG ML discussions, whether in the
body of a message or a trailing signature. IMO, its appearance is
unprofessional, distracting, and prone to elicit reactions such as mine own.

G.