Re: UI Events question

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 6:06 PM, Travis Leithead
<travis.leithead@microsoft.com> wrote:
> On DOM3... As Gary mentioned, we're focusing on the new stuff in UI Events.
> There was a lot of legacy prose that probably doesn't need to carry forward,
> especially given that most of the raw event model stuff is in DOM4. I
> suppose as we add/adjust functionality from the other UI Events, they will
> be added in as needed. We may need a more coherent story than this for FPWD,
> but for now, this is working OK.

Obviously nothing that moved to the DOM Standard will have to be
carried over, but it would be of tremendous value to be able to refer
to a single specification for the story on MouseEvent and such.
Especially once I get around to defining e.g. the event dispatch story
for <iframe seamless> you need that kind of infrastructure in place.
(Basically you dispatch an event at an inner Window, and for each
parent Window you create a duplicate of the event object, but with
adjusted coordinates. How exactly those coordinates are adjusted
belongs in the MouseEvent specification.)

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/