Re: Draft: Plan and next steps for AppCache.NG

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 14:47:32 +0100, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
wrote:

> Hi All - I've been thinking about "who is going to do what and when?" re
> AppCache.NG, and below is a series of related Q&As.

They look good to me (modulo the joint deliverable idea). In particular, I
agree that I was optimistic in saying we could take this under the
existing charter. I infer an action item for me to draft a new webapps
charter proposal.

> As I worked through a plan and next steps, I started to think that since
> it could be unwise or even potentially harmful to extract AppCache from
> HTML5,

Maybe... Certainly, for all its faults, appcache is widely implemented so
the existing spec should stay *somewhere* - if it gets pulled, it probably
makes a good NOTE if we're not going to directly build on top of it.

> I concluded it may be best to make AppCache.NG a joint deliverable
> between WebApps and HTMLWG. As such, my Q&As reflect a joint deliverable
> for AppCache.NG.

I don't understand why. Frankly I don't care - there is some overhead in
coordination but not much, and it seems likely that people in HTML are
interested in Appcache. I don't share the opinion of some that HTML is not
a group where you can do work. The question for me comes down to:
1. Is there someone in HTML who is not in Webapps, won't join it, and is
important to the discussion? And more importantly
2. Where does whoever does the actual work here do it?

cheers

Chaals