Re: [admin] Mail List Policy, Usage, Etiquette, etc. & Top-posting

On Tue, 29 May 2012, Ian Fette (イアンフェッティ) wrote:

> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 10:53 AM, James Graham <jgraham@opera.com> wrote:
>
> You do realize that you're using a mail client that hasn't been updated in 4 years, is unmaintained, and never saw wide-spread deployment?

I'm using a mail client that works exceptionally well for my use case,
with the exception of a few problems caused by a small number of
senders. Of these, many of the issues (e.g. top posting) are independent
of the client.

> I realize that all software is "niche" at some point

Technical mailing lists are niche at best and I am sure I am not the only
alpine user (I believe Hixie also uses it, for example). I am certainly
not the only user of mail clients other than your approved four.

I also note that the archive software doesn't make your approved list and
indeed suffers from exactly the problem I describe [1].

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2012May/0047.html