From: Anne van Kesteren [mailto:annevk@opera.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:42 AM
To: Shawn Steele
Cc: www-archive@w3.org
Subject: Re: big5 and big5-hkscs

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:14:46 +0200, Shawn Steele <Shawn.Steele@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Ah, I didn't realize you were talking about the HKSCS code points,
> even though you clearly had HKSCS in the subject :)  Brain cramp.
>
> I'm not sure if I have a mapping table from PUA HKSCS to Real Unicode
> HKSCS code points, I'll see what I can find out.

And the related question, though maybe someone else can better answer that(?), is whether a default Windows installation in Hong Kong and Taiwan will produce different visual results when looking at all the possible byte sequences decoded as big5. And then in particular for the PUA code points of course. Because of a different font, different glyph lookup, something...

Thanks again,

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/