Re: Errata for The Web Origin Concept

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Tobias Gondrom
<tobias.gondrom@gondrom.org> wrote:
> IETF has received the request for errata.

And apparently it has been rejected...

> Best is probably to submit it as an issue in the websec tracker for the
> origin draft / RFC.
> (or you can also post it to the websec mailing-list)

Can someone else do that maybe? I'd like to avoid subscribing to too many lists.

> However, please note that there would only be action on this item if/when
> RFC6454 gets an update, unless you make a sufficiently strong case for why
> there needs to be an errata/update now or in the very near future.

Well, this was done for CORS, but it turns out CORS does not need it
(it was a design error). Keeping it in is harmful as others may try to
mistakenly use the outlined pattern.

--
Anne — Opera Software
http://annevankesteren.nl/