Re: (Meta) Re: n-quads & Turtle Levels

Lee,

yes. They are a key part, and they are a strong point. But exactly because it is a key part, we have to be very careful when and how we use it in email discussions. Richard, this mail was not against your argument specifically (as I hope I made it clear in my mail). But the term 'objection' has been used several times in various email threads in a way that was unclear on whether this is a formal W3C objection or just in terms of a strong opposition at a specific point in the discussion. This ambivalence did create turmoil in the past. So we should really try to avoid that, and use this term only when we are close to a possible WG resolution at which point, of course, participants should make it clear that they would formally oppose a specific issue resolution.

The discussion in the mailing list has become a bit too controversial in style here and there, at least for my taste. We should all try to keep our heads cool(er)... That is all.

Cheers

Ivan

P.S. Packing and leaving the hotel, may not be able to react on any of your replies any more:-)

----