Re: Firefox bug: "Worker" load ignores Content-Type version parameter

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 12:52:36 +0100, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:

>>> If you are saying that

>>> ... 0xC3 0xB6 ...
>>>
>>> should have U+00C3 U+00B6 when used via<script> and an U+00F6 when used
>>> via `new Worker` then I will stand ready to roll over the floor
>>> laughing
>>> when Firefox and Chrome are changed so they conform to this bizarre
>>> idea
>>> instead of doing the right thing and treating the two cases the same.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> The only alternative would be to *reject* the script.
>
> But it seems that this is what
> <http://dev.w3.org/html5/workers/#importing-scripts-and-libraries> says.
>
> Please consider this a bug report.

UTF-8-only for workers is deliberate. I don't see any reason to reject
scripts that have other charset. Rejecting the script would mean that some
authors can't use workers at all because their server uses charset and
they can't change it.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software