Re: An HTML5 logo

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 09:48 -0800, Edward O'Connor wrote:
> > The W3C Communications Team is excited about the HTML5 logo, developed
> > with community support, and hopes it will help you promote your work.
>
> This announcement email was the first I had heard of the logo. Now,
> it's entirely possible that there are significant fora on the Internet
> in which HTML5 is discussed that I'm unaware of or in which I don't
> participate, but I think I've got a pretty good handle on what's being
> discussed in the community. And, well, this logo wasn't discussed in
> the community prior to its announcement today. So I'm not sure how you
> can say that it was developed with community support.
>
> That said, and with the caveat regarding its FAQ furthering the
> confusion around what HTML5 is and isn't, I look forward to this logo
> being embraced by the community.

Hi Ted,

Thank for your feedback.

Today's announcement is a public unveiling. It's the beginning of the
phase of building public support, not the end. Naturally we shared the
logo and other materials with a few people inside and outside W3C in
advance in order to improve our chances of success. There are still
things that need attention (e.g., improving the SVG) but we felt it was
time to go public.

Philippe