Re: Please explain the role of the W3C in the continuing development of HTML

On 14 Feb 2011, at 4:21 PM, Steve Faulkner wrote:

> Hi Ian,
>
> I won't press you any further,
> but will say that I am disappointed that the W3C does not appear to
> have the strength of leadership to directly explain its role in the
> development of HTML.
>
> This reluctance only serves to promote the perception that now, the
> W3C only plays a peripheral role in the development of HTML, while
> the core responsibility and influence over the continuing
> development of HTML is in the hands of the WHAT WG.
>
> If The W3C top brass do ever come to the realisation that those who
> give their time to the development of HTML at the W3C, deserve a
> clear explanation. I can assure you it will be appreciated

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the chat today. Per your suggestions, I will work on
ways to get out the value proposition increasingly in developer
forums.  I also want to chat with the HTML WG Team contact and chairs
about useful materials for developers.

I won't have a statement today, please allow a bit of time so that I
can continue to have discussions and draft some useful materials.

Best,
  _ Ian