Re: variables/mixins in chrome

* Daniel Glazman wrote:
>Last thing, I really dislike when a new proposal does not give back to
>Caesar what belongs to Caesar, in other terms when references are not
>present. It's a question of politeness, correctness and document
>quality. The original proposal for CSS Variables is [1].
>
>[1] http://disruptive-innovations.com/zoo/cssvariables/

(Copying www-archive@w3.org instead of www-style@w3.org)

Well, http://www.w3.org/mid/3C0F3C7D.4040404@netscape.com is the second
relevant hit in my rather incomplete archives, where you point out that
http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/NOTE-CSS-potential-19981210#id05684046681 al-
ready covers this, which would predate your proposal by a decade. While
it is dishonest and stupid to not give credit where it is due, I do not
think some macro feature for CSS is something anyone can lay claim to,
it's obvious, and the idea has been around for about as long as CSS has
existed.

Also, this is just some random blog posting; we should not require con-
tributors to exhaustively research prior work for blog postings.  It
would already be an improvement, as far as the CSS Working Group is
concerned, if it didn't remove acknowledgements from its deliverables.