Re: repository for Web DOM Core

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 15:22:34 +0200, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-09-19 at 12:13 +0200, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> Hi Philippe,
>> I was asked to set up a repository of Web DOM Core on w3.org space.
>> Would
>> it be possible to put a clone of
>> http://bitbucket.org/ms2ger/web-dom-core
>> on http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore (web-dom-core is fine too)? It would be
>> nice if the stuff we checked in would also be checked out somewhere so
>> the
>> drafts can be easily viewed.
>
> why not using
>  http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webapps/domcore  instead?

Because then it will be part of the webapps repository rather than be its
own repository. That will also screw up syncing with the repositories
elsewhere.

>> and from a DVCS standpoint it makes sense that this remains a
>> self-contained entity, much like the IndexedDB draft that is already
>> hosted separately.)
>
> It seems a bug to me to have IndexedDB separate. It's not going to be
> scalable if we created a new repository for each specification...

Why would that not scale? We do not have that many specifications and they
all fit within the same directory on TR/ too. That will also avoid having
to merge each time for specifications you never touch, etc. Alternatively
we could just keep the editor's draft local and push out a copy or so
every now and then to w3.org space, but that seems less nice.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/