Re: Change Proposal for ISSUE-101 (us-ascii-ref)

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 11:55 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Mar 2010, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> On Mar 3, 2010, at 9:44 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
>> >
>> > - That being said, I think a reference to ISO/IEC 646 would be
>> > acceptable as well; this one is re-published by ECMA as ECMA-006,
>> > which is available online
>> > (<http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-006.htm>)
>>
>> Ian, would a reference to ISO/IEC 646 aka ECMA-006 be acceptable to you?
>
> I think debating this is a waste of our time and am not willing to get
> drawn into a discussion of the topic.
>

>> I am trying to determine if we need a call for consensus or a call for
>> counter-proposals as the next step.
>
> The next step should be to reprimand Julian for wasting our time and to
> dismiss the issue as a trivial matter not worth the electrons used to
> raise it. Humouring people who raise such trivial issues will only lead to
> an escalation of the level of time-wasting this group has to deal with.
>
> --
> Ian Hickson               U+1047E                )\._.,--....,'``.    fL
> http://ln.hixie.ch/       U+263A                /,   _.. \   _\  ;`._ ,.
> Things that are impossible just take longer.   `._.-(,_..'--(,_..'`-.;.'

This type of email from me would have earned a swift response from the
HTML5 co-chairs. I would have been, and have been for much less,
publicly reprimanded on the www-archive list.

I expect equal treatment for all members of the group, unless there's
some form of bias in effect in the group that applies to some members,
but not others.

This email was inexcusable.

Shelley