Re: Guessing geographical locations for Wikipedia article subjects

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 22:58:46 +0200

> For 98% of the articles we can predict the location with an error of
> at around 1000km in both cases

Interesting; 1000km is quite a wide margin of error though. It's about
the distance from where I live, just outside Brighton near the English
south coast, to Prague in the Czech Republic. There are two whole
countries in between - one of them being Germany (not a small place by
any means) - and a fairly big stretch of water too.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>