Re: Change Proposals, objections, and the Decision Policy

On 2010-06-16 09:52, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 16.06.2010 02:33, Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> The latter argument here is wrong because it fails to take into account
>> the fact that extension specs are merely permitted because they allow
>> independent editors to work on entirely separate specs, who don't have
>> access to HTML5 spec itself. There is a big difference between
>
> Sorry?
>
> Maybe we need to discuss the role of extension specs in the WG then?

No, my main point was simply that they were permitted, but not required.
There may be other valid reasons to choose to write an extension spec
instead of including some feature in the main spec (though the reasons
related to independant specs and independant editors are very broad and
cover most), but it's still a choice that depends on circumstances, not
an inherent requirement to make one for new features.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/