Re: HTML+RDFa Heartbeat Draft publishing request

On Jan 14, 2010, at 9:34 AM, Larry Masinter wrote:

> Well, if ISSUE-41 is how the HTML-WG is addressing the
> extensibility mechanism in the charter, then what again
> is the rationale for adding microdata?

ISSUE-41 covers a particular family of proposals for additional
extensibility. Some of those proposals may build on the already
existing extensibility mechanisms. Others may propose brand new
additional mechanisms. Some might even propose removing some of the
existing mechanisms in the course of adding new ones, though I do not
believe anyone has actually advocated that view. My hope is that when
ISSUE-41 is settled, we will have a good picture of the overall range
of extensibility mechanisms we plan to offer, and how that lines up
with the charter's encouragement.

Regards,
Maciej