3rd Call: Full Potential: Who's counting?

Ian,

What action has been taken in the past 26 months to commission an
external review?

Have any appropriate metrics been considered, developed or agreed?

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2008Jul/0034.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2007Oct/0024.html

On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 22:20 +0100, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
> Ian,
>

> I am concerned because it is apparent that while W3C may successfully
> be meeting the needs of its members, it is less clear that it is
> meeting it's published objectives.
>

> If W3C is not to be accountable to any group other than its members,
> could this be stated more clearly in its objectives, which currently
> appear to offer a far wider responsibility with more ambitious goals?
>

> You had written to me suggesting that an external review was being
> discussed at that time.

It was discussed but we discuss so many things that it is difficult
to do all of them. I still think it's a good idea.

_Ian