Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal

Sam Ruby, Mon, 15 Feb 2010 17:39:28 -0500:
> Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>> Sam Ruby, Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:36:23 -0500:

>>> I'd like to ask that people only post if they had new information to add.
>>
>> Well, I say thank you for that characterisation of my message. On
>> the good side, I feel that I am in the same both as Ian there.
>
> You said, and I quote: "I said in November [1] that..."

I considered posting a link only - I truly did. But I wanted to express
myself clearer and link it to the concrete issue at hand.

> There is a *huge* difference between repeating an argument that Ian
> clearly disagrees with, and capturing an argument in a change
> proposal.

I have never discussed the WebAIM survey with him. I have never heard
his opinion about my view.

> My focus here is to get people to stop simply repeating the same
> arguments over and over and over and and over again, and to actually
> condense and capture these arguments into a coherent change proposal.
>
> Ian has done that, and I thanked him.

Having ignored to comment my comment of November, he instead in
February puts forward a letter saying that "WebAIM is in support of my
view". I must say that it felt relevant to express that I disagreed.

> Manu's Microdata change proposal (which ultimately carried, by the
> way), contained a rebuttal section:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Dec/0299.html
>
> I simply asked you to do the same:

  [...]
> If you want to have a discussion, present new information.
> Otherwise, this sounds like good stuff to either add to Chaals's
> proposal or to put into a new proposal.

So far, I have sent Charles an message off list to hear if he feel that
what I had so say about the WebAIM survey would be relevant/strengthen
his change proposal - e.g to become part of a rebuttal. I guess that is
were I stand right now ...

Regards,
Leif H Silli