Re: Origin header format

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> So I just read some things again and it seems CORS is already using
> comma-separated lists for some header formats. My thinking now is that
> we should just do the same for the Origin header. I think that would
> make it (per modified (future) ABNF rules from httpbis):
>
>  origin       = "Origin" ":" origin-value
>  origin-value = "null" / #serialized-origin
>
> Apparently the OWS issue will be solved by future drafts of httpbis.

The #list rule should be used as a top-level construct, see

"Multiple message-header fields with the same field-name MAY be present
in a message if and only if the entire field-value for that header field
is defined as a comma-separated list [i.e., #(values)]." --
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-07.html#rfc.section.4.2>

So you'd need to make it:

origin       = "Origin" ":" origin-value
origin-value = #foobar
foobar       = "null" / serialized-origin

Of course that means "null" could appear multiple times; if that is a
problem than that header format may not be the right choice.

BR, Julian

PS: note that "null" matches case-insensitively, is that intended?