Re: [draft-abarth-origin-03] feedback

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 18:53:20 +0200, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com> wrote:
>> The origin-list production should use SP and not 1*WSP. I'd like to
>> keep the format as simple as possible.
>
> Fixed.

It is now 1*SP. Since the requirement on user agents is a single space I
think just SP would be better.

>> I also think the draft should make a requirement for one of the two
>> options regarding redirects and not leave it open.
>
> I haven't changed this because the draft always lets the client send
> the value "null".  This is a fail-safe so that the client can always
> proceed even if it forgets what the origin ought to be.  Here you
> should imagine some code close to the wire that adds an "Origin: null"
> header if the request somehow got there without an Origin header.

Ok.

>> Is the idea that CORS will reference this draft in the end? Currently I
>> have registered the Origin header with IANA.
>
> I'd be more than happy if CORS referenced this draft.  Let me know if
> there's anything I can do to make this easier for you.

It would be nice if there was a production item for 'OWS [ "null" /
origin-list ] OWS' so that I can use that for Access-Control-Allow-Origin.
I.e. origin-value or some such.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/