Re: vCard RDF NOTE - draft

Dear Renato:
In the current version, you propose that

"that some properties can be expressed as text literals or rdf:resource
values".

In Crete, we stressed the importance of staying within OWL DL or other
subsets of OWL.

This requirement does not seem to be met by the current spec, because
using an owl:ObjectProperty with a literal is afaik outside of OWL DL.

Also, the modeling of the work etc. types as

http://www.w3.org/2006/vcard/Work ( rdf:type owl:Class )

    * rdfs:subClassOf -- http://www.w3.org/2006/vcard/Address
    * rdfs:subClassOf -- http://www.w3.org/2006/vcard/Label
    * rdfs:subClassOf -- http://www.w3.org/2006/vcard/Tel

looks a bit strange to me, at least at first sight, because by that you
are saying that any node that you define to be a wok phone number is at
the same time an address and a label.

The same problem may be found for other such classes.

I would rather define a class v:ContactType, define instances thereof
for "Work", "Home", etc., and define an owl:ObjectProperty hasContactType

Then, you can simply say

      <v:tel rdf:parseType="Resource">
        <rdf:value> +61 7 555 5555 </rdf:value>
        <v:hasContactType
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2006/vcard/ns#Work"/>
      </v:tel>

Martin

Renato Iannella wrote:

> Hi all - any further comments?
>
> I will formally submit to W3C on Monday to replace the old NOTE...

> On 24 Sep 2009, at 22:41, Renato Iannella wrote:
>

>> Hi all - the latest draft is up at:
>>
>>   http://spin.nicta.org.au/vcardrdf/vcard-rdf-20090924.html
>>
>> Please send in any comments/suggestions (I am sure I have missed
>> something!)
>>

>> Cheers...  Renato Iannella
>> NICTA
>>

> Cheers...  Renato Iannella
> NICTA

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen

e-mail:  mhepp@computer.org
phone:   +49-(0)89-6004-4217
fax:     +49-(0)89-6004-4620
         http://www.heppnetz.de/ (personal)
skype:   mfhepp
twitter: mfhepp

Webcast:
http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/webcast/

Recipe for Yahoo SearchMonkey:
http://tr.im/rAbN

Talk at the Semantic Technology Conference 2009:
"Semantic Web-based E-Commerce: The GoodRelations Ontology"
http://tinyurl.com/semtech-hepp

Talk at

Overview article on Semantic Universe:
http://tinyurl.com/goodrelations-universe

Project page:
http://purl.org/goodrelations/

Resources for developers:
http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations

Tutorial materials:
CEC'09 2009 Tutorial: The Web of Data for E-Commerce: A Hands-on Introduction to the GoodRelations Ontology, RDFa, and Yahoo! SearchMonkey
http://tr.im/grcec09