Re: Proposed Process Change

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 16:32:23 +0000
Cc: process-issues@w3.org, Karl Dubost <karl+w3c@la-grange.net>, www-archive@w3.org
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
On 25 Feb 2009, at 15:32, Ian Jacobs wrote:

> On 25 Feb 2009, at 6:57 AM, Bijan Parsia wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I think it could improve both the perceived and actual
>> transparency and accountability of the W3C as a whole to have what
>> I've tentatively called an "Audit Board". An Audit Board would be
>> charged with investigating specific incidents and situations and
>> producing a report and making recommendations.
>
> Bijan,
>
> Can you provide more information about the situation(s) that led to
> this proposal? Feel free to contact me offlist.

The immediate impetus was this email:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2009Feb/0119.html
I first aired the idea in:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2009Feb/0120.html

I don't know it has to be an AB per se...perhaps we have too many
groups :) I just find myself doing list forensics a bunch these days
and wish that the body of knowledge of dysfunction and how to deal
with it were systematized in a best practices document (with
supporting cases).

Cheers,
Bijan.