@summary in HTML5

From: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 14:20:57 +0000
To: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, "W3C WAI Protocols & Formats" <w3c-wai-pf@w3.org>, wai-liaison@w3.org
Cc: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
Hi Janina,

As you may be aware, the request to include the summary attribute in
HTML5 has been declined by the editor Ian Hickson again [1]
The arguments (I consider) hinge on differences in interpretations of
the available data and the utility of the summary attribute.

I request that the PF review this issue again and correspond with the
HTML WG chairs on this issue. Initially to request that the issue
contine to be considered unresolved as I consider no level of
consensus has been reached.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Feb/0601.html
--
with regards