Re: SVG 1.1 RelaxNG schema on s.validator.nu

Hi,

On Feb 11, 2009, at 09:13, Cameron McCormack wrote:

> In the comments of the SVG 1.1 RelaxNG schema available at
> http://s.validator.nu/svg11/ it says that you have made some
> modifications.  Would you be able to list for me the differences from
> the RNG at http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/rng/ (beyond the
> conversion to RNC), and the reasons for the modifications?

It seems that the schema didn't travel from http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/rng/
  directly but came from the CVS repository of Relaxed. I have
attached a diff that I believe captures the changes after the RNG to
RNC conversion.

Summary and reasons:
  * Added the Mozilla Foundation copyright notice. (Apparently I added
it as a batch operation to all modules instead of only the ones I
ended up modifying.)
  * Changed all enumerated 'token' patterns to use 'string' instead,
i.e. not to ignore leading and trailing whitespace. The reason is that
SVG consumers don't ignore whitespace consistently, so it is useful
for authors to be alerted of whitespace.
  * Refactored the 'start' symbol. IIRC, this had to do with including
the schema in a larger one that already had a start symbol.
  * Changed the content model of foreignObject. Apparently to enable
limiting foreign content to XHTML and MathML in a larger schema.
  * Rewrote autogenerated namespace prefixes to use customary mnemonic
prefixes.
  * Changed the datatype of the ID attribute from XSD ID to a type
that allows the colon like DTDs did.
  * Allowed "1.0" and "1.2" as values for the version attribute,
because whining about these values would be totally unhelpful for any
practical purpose.

It seems I have forgotten to use the proper IRI datatypes and stuff.
--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi