Re: RFC XML Index, URL of RFC

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:47:01 +0100
To: Geoffrey Sneddon <geoffers@gmail.com>
CC: rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>

Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Would it be at all possible to add some field to the index that would
> give a location that the RFC could be retrieved from?
>
> If not, I guess I'm gonna end up doing the really hackish solution of
> just using <http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfcxxxx.txt> (as well as
> ./bcp/bcpxxxx.txt, etc.), but that is (sadly) the best solution I can see.
>

> All the best,
>

> Geoffrey Sneddon.

At <http://www.ietf.org/rfc.html>, I see:

!Alternatively, if you do not have Javascript enabled you can type the
following in the location field of your browser:

    http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfcNNNN.txt

where NNNN is the RFC number prefixed with zeroes as necessary to make a
four digit number."

BR, Julian