Re: market research for HTML in Asia Re: An HTML language specification vs. a browser specification

On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 15:12 -0800, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> Dan Connolly wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-11-16 at 00:58 -0800, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> > [...]
> >> In fact, we can still see this today. While firefox now has a worldwide
> >> marketshare of about 20%, our marketshare in many countries in Asia is
> >> tiny. Our market research data has shown that the main reason for that
> >> is website compatibility. Even though Firefox parses valid HTML4 very well.
> >
> > I'd like to look at that research data; is it something
> > you can share with the HTML WG? Is it already published?
>
> Hi Dan,
>
> So it seems I spoke a bit too strongly. [...]

I don't doubt the inference you made from the data;
I just think the data might be interesting for lots
of other reasons...

> If I'm able to find the actual data for the survey I'll send it.

Great. Here's hoping it works out.

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E