tracker already has ternary state - RAISED

aloha, josh!

my open question to/request of the chairs -- which i made sure was logged
in IRC at today's telecon -- is as follows: when one opens an issue, it is
not marked as "OPEN", but rather as "RAISED" -- can the chairs in their
capacity as chairs, therefor, issue a formal statement to the effect that:

* RAISED equals PROPOSED - proposal will be discussed on list and in
  at least 1 telecon before marked as OPEN or quashed

* OPEN equals UNDER ACTIVE CONSIDERATION BY WG

* CLOSE equals Editors/Chairs consider issue resolved - note that
  issues should be closed only after being addressed at a telecon, so
  that if there is dissent over the resolution, it can be logged and
  objectors should be given an opportunity to convince the chairs that
  the issue should not be closed

or provide the rationale for not considering "RAISED" issues as "PROPOSED"?

bugzilla could then be reserved for micro-issues and detailed discussion
thereof, thus avoiding the bifurcation of feedback streams that using
bugzilla to propose issues would cause...

gregory
CONSERVATIVE, n.  A statesman who is enamored of existing evils,
as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them
with others.         -- Ambrose Bierce, _The Devil's Dictionary_
             Gregory J. Rosmaita, oedipus@hicom.net