Re: several messages

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Dean Edridge wrote:

> Where you have "<p class="warning">This is a warning.</p>" in the page
> there is a funny character that pops up to the left of this, it looks
> like a character encoding problem. I'm using firefox 3, in Google Chrome
> it's fine. You are probably aware of this already.
>
> The CSS is like this:
>
> p.warning:before { content: '\26A0 Warning! '; }

As far as I can tell everything is correct here, the problem is on your
end.

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, Dean Edridge wrote:

> > > Am I able to remove an annotation from the WHATWG's HTML5 spec? I've
> > > read the docs and know how the annotation system works, but can't
> > > see how to remove an annotation.
> >
> > There's a login form at the top of the spec, if you have scripts
> > enabled.
>
> Sorry, I guess I didn't explain myself properly (or you simply just
> think I'm dumb :) ). I have logged in and made some changes to
> annotations, but I want to remove some annotations all together, can I
> do this?

No, there is no removal mechanism. Eventually all sections will be
annotated.

> Like at http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#html-vs-xhtml
> there is an annotation, but I don't think there needs to be one there.

Please don't remove or change annotations unless they are clearly
factually wrong. The annotation here, for example, was added during
discussions between members of the W3C HTML working group and the WHATWG
in the spirit of cooperation during the W3C plenary recently.

Incidentally, the HTML5 work is supposed to be a completely public
endaveour. You complicate this when sending me private e-mail (which is
why I don't always reply). Please, if you e-mail me about HTML5, cc a
publicly archived mailing list, even if it only www-archive@w3.org.

Thanks,