Re: recognizing the HTML charter

Hi Anne,

> But the chairs are fine?

I would rather if there is an authority that it be 2 people rather
than 1, also these 2 people have constraints placed on their decisions
based on W3C process and decsions can be appealed (refer to the W3C
decsions policy).

> If that person does not do its job properly both the HTML WG and WHATWG have
> escape clauses. Neither has been needed so far, but we'll see how it works
> when we get there. (For this particular issue I believe there's still
> outstanding feedback Ian hasn't dealt with.)

yes as Ian noted himself recently:

"Sure, so long as I am editor, the chairs have the authority (and
responsibility) to override me if I make mistakes." [1]

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Aug/0599.html

regards
stevef

--