Re: @headers issue resolved - allowing a td to be referenced by a header to be in the HTMl5 spec.

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 13:09:03 +0200
To: "Steven Faulkner" <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: "Chris Wilson" <chris.wilson@microsoft.com>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, www-archive@w3.org

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:58:30 +0200, Steven Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure what you're referring to but it seems the charter was not
>> followed here
>
> My understanding is that the chairs decide if it is required to go to a
> vote [1]

It hasn't gone to a vote yet as far as I can tell. So if this was indeed a
decision it would be in violation of the W3C Process.

> It would be seem a bit odd that the editor a can make substantive
> changes to the spec at his whim, but the chairs cannot request a
> change after due consideration.

It may sound odd, but as far as I can tell that's how it works per our
charter. (Though it seems a bit derogatory to say that about Ian, as he
quite clearly explains why changes are made.)

> but I am happy to be informed otherwise, if this issue is considered
> substantive enough to be put to a vote, then so be it.
>
> btw
> It is good to see you recognising the HTML WG charter in this case.

I'm not sure what this snide remark is supposed to mean.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>