Re: [whatwg] Creative Commons Rights Expression Language

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 13:01:58 -0700
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: "Bonner, Matt" <matt.bonner@hp.com>, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, Kristof Zelechovski <giecrilj@stegny.2a.pl>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, "www-archive@w3.org" <www-archive@w3.org>

Ian Hickson wrote:
> For example, RDF n3 could be included directly (and unambiguously) using
> the <script type="..."> extension mechanism.

You really read the ccREL proposal? :)

We want DRY, so that human-rendered data and machine-readable data can
be kept in sync at all times. That goes to your point about unmaintained
metadata. Metadata is much more likely be maintained if it has a
user-visible component.

This is actually a principle that the microformats community touted
before we did, and we strongly agree with it.

-Ben