Re: Volume of emails on public-html

Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to request that you reduce your volume of emails on
> public-html, for example, since 28th September, you posted 11 out of
> 15 emails to the "The only name for the xml serialisation of html5".
> There is, in my opinion, very little reason to ever be posting more
> than 50% of the quantity of emails, even if you are replying to each
> and every reply individually. A large number of your replies are to
> the same posts again and again: can you not just spend more time
> writing these emails and send your entire reply to an email at once? I
> know there are plenty of many members of the WG, myself included, who
> often spend several days (or, at the very least, hours) writing
> emails, normally saving them as a draft before sending them.
>
> We, as a WG as a whole, are averaging between 19 and 20 emails per
> day: posting 5 in the same thread in one day as you did increases the
> email by 25%! There are plenty of people who are under a lot of strain
> trying to keep up with the volume of email as is, so I would advice
> you to try and not increase the volume of email without good need.
>

> All the best,
>
> Geoffrey Sneddon.

Thanks very much for your concern Geoffrey. I appreciate you informing
me about this problem. I will certainly keep this in mind in the future
and try my best to keep email volumes down to only what is necessary.

However, now that you bring this up. Why couldn't Dan Connolly & Chris
Wilson just have answered my question in the first place? Then perhaps
this thread would not have gone on for so long. Seems there is a lot
going on behind closed doors that the general group does not know
about... hmm.

Best Regards, and enjoy the rest of your weekends.

--
Dean Edridge
http://www.zealmedia.co.nz/