Re: On the fostering of immaturity and derision

Hi Ian
Nicely sidestepped. I find it hard to believe that your general acceptance
of immature and derisive attitudes on a publically recorderd IRC channel is
not indicative of how you take into account divergent views when you edit
the spec.

On 26/09/2007, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Sep 2007, Steven Faulkner wrote:
> >
> > One of the issues I have a problem with is, that you have in the past
> > and continue to be two faced. In some communications you are friendly
> > and open minded and professional in others, you are derisive and
> > dismissive of any points of view that don't fit your view of how things
> > should be.
>
> When it comes to the actual spec editing and language design, I assure you
> that I take all input into account without considering who is arguing
> what. (For example, if you look at the issues list at
> http://whatwg.org/issues/ you will see it doesn't mention who sent each
> e-mail, as I consider that irrelevant.)
>
> However, I reserve the right to chat freely with my friends. If these
> chats offend you, or if you think they are representative of how I take
> into account feedback, then don't read them. I'm not going to move my
> informal discussions to a private unarchived forum.
>
> --

with regards

Steve Faulkner
Technical Director - TPG Europe