Re: [html4all] the alt attribute debate

Yo Henri,
a quick asnwer to your last question, will come back to the other stuff
later

>Can you speculate why it is done if not for the requirement to have
>an alt attribute with *some* value?

because IE shows the alt as a tooltip. so it is used to visually label.

can you speculate as to why if there care so much about the spec and
validation to add an alt text why do they not bother to fix up the many
other errors that appear in their code?

--
with regards

Steve Faulkner