Re: alt attribute comments?

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 20:45:08 +0200, Steven Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yeah, maybe a magic string would be better, but it seems rather ugly
>> and wouldn't degrade well either.
>
> I lost you here, what do you mean by "magic string" and why wouldn't it
> degrade well?

Something like alt=foo which new clients would recognize as what HTML5
currently specifies as "omitting alt". This doesn't solve the problem for
images for which alt is currently omitted and it also is confusing for
users of older clients when a page has that particular word a 100 times on
it. It might also be confusing to for authors.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>