Re: Data Table Collections (Research)

2007-09-08 11:11:07 +0200 "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>:

>> Which it allready is - in HTML4.
>
> I'm not sure how this comment was relevant to the HTML WG,

Then why even debate in this forum.

[ ... ]
>  What exactly in  the
> HTML4 specification tells you that the header would apply to the  rowgroup
> (and just that rowgroup) if the scope= attribute was omitted?

HTML4 says: «The search in a given direction stops when the edge of the table is reached **or when a data cell is found after a header cell**.» Hence, it is is possible that the Table Inspector is wrong: I.e. it is possible that «Refuge des Mottets» should not see both «Day two» as well as «Day one» as its headers.
--
Leif Halvard Silli