Re: Summary: Naming Issue, Proposals (www-archive)

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 18:11:34 +0200, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:
>> Thanks, but these are counter-precedents. XML C14N defines one very
>> normalized form of serialization which can be used if you want to
>> compare documents that might have differences only in a syntax sugar
>> (insignificant whitespaces, attribute order, ...), but their content is
>> the same. In this sense HTML5 is less canonical then HTML 4.01 because
>> it has much more relaxed syntax.
>
> How exactly is the syntax more relaxed?

Parse errors are allowed to be corrected by parser:

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/html5/spec/Overview.html?rev=1.168&content-type=text/html;%20charset=iso-8859-1#parse

This was not case with HTML 4.01 specification (note I'm not talking
about HTML user agents here, which were very happy to correct syntax
errors for you).

		Jirka

P.S. Any reason why you are without noticing sending copy of this
message to www-archive and not to html-public mailing list?

Be in, register for XML Prague 2007 today! http://www.xmlprague.cz