Re: About dropping the style attribute (offlist, www-archive)

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 12:43:14 +0200, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:
>> FWIW, it's not deprecated. It has been removed from the language. HTML5
>> does not do deprecation. By your reasoning <plaintext>, <isindex> etc.
>> should also be conforming which doesn't make much sense to me.
>
> So you don't see any difference between documents using style attributes
> (allowed in HTML4), and documents using <isindex> (deprecated in HTML4)
> or <plaintext> (not present in HTML4)?

They were allowed in previous "versions" of HTML. So not really. As I see
it we just need to design a language independent from HTML4 with the
constraints we have.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>