RE: Need examples for SemWeb VCard work

Hello Harry,

I've been struggling to manage all my email lately, and I just came across
this in my backlog.  Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

If you are still looking for this kind of information, I suggest you
consider the different approaches to names in the following very useful (and
interesting) wikipedia articles I have selected.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icelandic_name

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_names

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_name

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnamese_name

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_name

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_name

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_surname

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_naming_customs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_name

I'm not sure what you want to test in your test cases, or what format to
provide that in. Can you give me some more details? For example, do you want
to develop labels for detailed things like patronymics vs middle names vs.
generational names?  Do you want to label South Indian initials as
abbreviations of father's names?  Do you need to separate the two family
names in Spanish names? What about distinctions between native script and
transliterated forms?  Etc.

Btw, I recommend that you join the www-international mailing list[1] and
send this query to that.  You may get more useful feedback besides mine.

I hope that's of some (belated) help as a start.

RI

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead